Thursday 19 June 2014







Give examples of Bud’s innocence
by Catrina Earnshaw



Early in the book, Bud describes how he doesn’t like being six. He explains about how your teeth start falling out and unnerves Bud. He also thinks “you’ve got to wonder what’s coming off next, your arm?” (5) which shows how innocent he is because he worries about such a natural occurrence  and his thoughts seems to stray towards what else could happen, like his arm falling off.  Bud also says "I was carefuller talking to him this time so he couldn't track where I was" (30). He believes that if he is caught, he’ll have to return to the home with the other orphans but he just wants his dad and to have a family.

1 comment:

  1. I could understand Bud when he was going through all these worries. I had lots of worries too growing up but must have been extremely difficult for bud. He had to always worry about the police finding him. I can't imagine what it must have been like for him.

    ReplyDelete