Sunday 22 June 2014

 journal prompt #2


by Andrea Rossignol






 
I definitely see life differen
tly now after reading Bud Not Buddy. Even though buds circumstances were a lot different than mine will ever be, I know that if he never gave up until he got what he wanted I can do the same. No matter what problem I’m in, I will not give up until I am safe and am in the position I know is best for me. I learnt that friends are always important to have. No matter what the situation, if you have a good friend to talk to, they can always help you out with just talking like when bugs was there for bud. I was never the type to judge people about their colour but this book made me have a different perspective on other people and how much respect there is for people of other race. Even though some one is of different colour or beliefs, that doesn’t mean they need to be treated differently. Just like people who aren’t fortunate enough to have money for food are shelter, they never asked for that so we need to treat them the same way we would treat family or friends and help them out. I will definitely be treating people who have nothing differently and whenever someone who is put in that situation, I will give them money or buy them food. I also learned to embrace my family more because I never know when the last I will get to see them is. Bud lost his mother when he was very small and he did not know who his father was but luckily found out later on in the book. Family is so important to have so no matter what happens, family comes first. This book taught me a lot about how I see life and myself so I will think more clearly whenever I have an opinion about something.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it really makes you look at life differently after reading this novel, since Bud works so hard just to find his family. It makes me feel very fortunate since I am lucky enough to have a family and a good home. It makes me feel bad that Bud had to work so hard for that but I'm glad that it worked out in the end for him because he deserves a good life.

    ReplyDelete